Polls

Search

Discussions - Grande News - Air Filters 18X18

Need help?
Members Help

« 1 (2)

Air Filters 18X18
Debi and Tom Johnson
Nancy April,, The last post I made was for you..

Posted on: 6/24/2006 11:33am

Air Filters 18X18
Guest_
Ok, thanks. By the way, what is your full name? All I have is "Johnsons." Also, perhaps you could email me directly at nancyapril@cox.net rather than everyone who reads these messages having to be in on our private conversation. Please let me know when you have the filters. I am usually down there at least once a month. Or perhaps we could hook up in the states. Do you live in Phoenix area? I am in Fountain Hills.

Posted on: 6/24/2006 7:19pm

Air Filters 18X18
Janet Winkel
I was down at rocky point last week end we checked our ACE filters they were dirdy. Called Jerry Little because we are on the rental pool and he said they take care of replacing them. Which for us is great!! our size was 20x20 and 20 x 25

Posted on: 6/26/2006 2:01pm

Air Filters 18X18
Guest_
The HOA has 18 X 18 filters you can purchase, but supplies are limited. If you have trouble finding the size air filters near your home, order them direct from Ace Hardware at www.acehardware.com They can ship them to the Ace Hardware store nearest your home with no shipping charge and the sales tax is 4.7%. You do have to pre-pay with a credit card. Filters should be changed monthly to keep the unit sensors and air handler clean. Without an air filter the condensation carries the dust collected into the drain pipe. The pipe will get clogged and the over-flow will drip from your ceiling. This is an issue in Rocky Point because of the high humidity. Each Heat Pump system should be cleaned twice a year by the Trane reps using a solvent to clean the salt and sand off the cooling fins. The number is 638-388-0451. Your heat pump in Phoenix or Tucson should be cleaned and serviced at least once a year. If your electric bill is high, it is probably because the air filters are dirty and/or the systems need to be cleaned. The last bill for my 2 bedroom lived in full time was $280.00 US for two summer months. The Mexican government subsidizes the electric bills in the summer; the rates are higher in the winter. Bob Miller

Posted on: 9/8/2006 1:54pm

Air Filters 18X18
Henry Zissel
Tex Mex Should we be having this cleaning done twice a year. Do these guys at trane have access to the roof or is the heat pump inside the units. Look forward to your reply Henry

Posted on: 9/8/2006 4:53pm

Air Filters 18X18
Guest_
Henry, Yes the service should be done twice a year it not only will save electricity the unit will last longer. The biggest problem is with the units on the roof exposed to the moist salt air and the sand. Even if you do not use or rent your condo or villa the salt air is working 29 hours a day, 9 days a week. The inside is not as critical but Trane will probably charge the same; its a good idea to get the inside unit drain cleaned out so you don't get ceiling damage. Ruben and I checked a unit in the Bonita Bldg. last week. The main unit did not have an air filter installed and the drain was already clogged so moisture was already staining the ceiling. Bob Miller

Posted on: 9/9/2006 7:08pm

« 1 (2)