Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Grande News - TV Reception - Poor Resolution

Need help?
Members Help

TV Reception - Poor Resolution
Guest_
We have had a problem with TV reception for way too many months (years). We have 3 new TV's ( 1 HD ) and have waited patiently for this problem to be resolved. Does anyone else have problems with reception in your units?

Posted on: 8/30/2006 9:51am

Guest_
Sure do. Seems like the lower number the channel the better reception. We have replaced cables and such but no improvement.

Posted on: 8/30/2006 12:30pm

Guest_
Gunner, I have done all of that cable stuff too, the problem seems to lie in the connectors in the walls not in our TV's. I've talked to other owners and some don't have a problem at all. I usually just bring DVD's to play. I've also placed a note next to the TV for renters. I've had renters trying to adjust cabling, find thing unplugged or screwed back in the wrong connector etc. It is frustrating at times.

Posted on: 9/1/2006 8:00am

Guest_
We also have problems with our cable (Baja 305) in the living room and guest bedroom. The lower channels are very snowy and as you go higher they get better. We have replaced connectors, etc. with no improvement.

Posted on: 9/4/2006 3:52pm

Guest_
We where down over the holiday weekend and had great reception, not sure why other them they may have fixed the problem. Now if they could get rid of the crummy channels we would be doing fine.

Posted on: 9/4/2006 5:20pm

Sandee Bennett
We were told that they HAD to change to the different TV provider and that all the other resorts would be in violation of the law. Well, it appears ALL the other resorts are still getting the benefits of good TV. Sandee Bennett/Baja 402

Posted on: 9/5/2006 9:11am

Guest_
After further investigation, we found out that our cable connection was loose and simply needed to be tightened. We located the connections in the laundry room behind the metal plate. There are two, one for the telephone wires and the other is the cable). One was just barely hand tight and once we tightened it up, the channels look great!! Wish we would have known about this box 3 years ago. Give it a try.... Lisa Baja 305

Posted on: 9/5/2006 2:27pm

Henry Zissel
I thought we had new TV channels. could someone please post which channels we do have... Thx Henry

Posted on: 9/5/2006 8:11pm

Guest_
FYI: We were at the condo this past weekend and had great reception for all TV's. I found a couple connections between our surround sound system were incorrect which leads me to believe someone had worked on the problem BUT I never received any notification that something was done. Food for thought!!!!

Posted on: 10/10/2006 11:52am