Search

Discussions - Rentals - fm3

Need help?
Members Help

Discussions » Rentals
  » fm3

fm3
Jerry & Chrystal Colglazier
Lindac: I have not heard anything from the mexican consulate in Phoenix, and have not attempted to call them for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Will crank up the phone soon. I do not think it is necessary to hire a service to help as the process is pretty simple. The only question is if it would be any faster working with someone in Mexico. I was told in Phx that everything must go through Mexico City so if that is true in RP would it be any quicker? Jerry colglazier

Posted on: 7/11/2005 4:13pm

fm3
Guest_
Jerry, Thanks very much for the answer. I agree with you that it shouldn't be necessary to pay a service. And it is Mexico so not too fast. I have just been trying to be patient too. I will probably call in a week or so if I don't hear anything. If I learn anything I will post . Thanks again, Linda

Posted on: 7/12/2005 3:06pm

fm3
Guest_
Yeah!!!! Mexican Consulate in Phoenix called me yesterday and my paperwork is finally back from Mexico City. Now all I need to do is get a Mexican tax ID #............ :p

Posted on: 8/12/2005 2:54pm

fm3
Sandee Bennett
Great Linda - you have really made quite an accomplishment. Was it cost effective and not too difficult? We are needing to renew David's FM3 and not sure what route to go? Thanks for sharing, Sandee Bennett

Posted on: 8/15/2005 9:05am

fm3
Guest_
Hi Sandee, It was cost effective ($195.00) but I learned that I still need to have it stamped at immigration in Rocky Point (luckily I'll be going down in a little over a month). I did ask how long it takes to renew it and the girl at the Consulate told me you can only get a first FM3 at the consulate, it must be renewed in Mexico. Sorry. It would be great if you could renew in Phoenix but she says no. Now I'm hoping to learn where to go to get my Mexican Tax ID # where it will be cost effective (I can speak spanish so I really hate to pay someone). Do you know if once you have your tax number you have to get that renewed also? I hope not. Thanks, Lindac

Posted on: 8/17/2005 1:19pm

fm3
Jerry & Chrystal Colglazier
Linda & Sandee I also got the call from Patti at the mexican consulate in Phoenix. Patti said the stamp on the fm3 can be acquired at the immigration office at the the border - on the right hand side where the pase lights are, and it is usually quicker than at the immigration office in Penesco. She did confirm that the extensions will have to be obtained at immigration in Mexico. Finally we do have to go to the "office of hacienda" in Penesco with the fm3 for the tax number. I am trying to find out exactly where it is and if it is open just weekdays or hopefully saturday. Jerry Colglazier

Posted on: 8/18/2005 11:50am

fm3
Guest_
Jerry, Thank you sooo much for that information. If you learn about the Hacienda Office (address, hours, etc.) it would certainly be appreciated if you pass it on. Patti just told me to get it stamped in Penasco. Thanks very much!!! Linda

Posted on: 8/18/2005 3:53pm