Polls

Search

Discussions - Rentals - Communication

Need help?
Members Help

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Communication
Guest_
Last time I looked there were at least 4 possible sources of water: 1) From the irrigation system around the water slide and area 2) From the leaking water slide 3) From people backing up the water at the top of the slide to get a faster ride 4) From heavy traffic of wet people going back and forth. Unfortunately, the low spot is around the base of the stairs. I do know that they are aware of the situation and I don't know what they have planned to fix it. I will see if we can get an answer. Thank you GH Robins

Posted on: 7/22/2005 12:33pm

Communication
Guest_
Restaurant/Bar/Grill Because of the limited amount of indoor seating area, I had not envisioned or anticipated the restaurant would be able to serve any kind of "fine dining" or offer any kind of comprehensive menu. Also, because of the layout and location of the clubhouse/pool/restaurant/bar areas it would be very difficult to let the public use the restaurant/bar only. Personally, I would be happy with a Taco stand that served hot and cold beverages including beer and wine. I also recognize that with the swim up bar and quite extensive outdoor seating areas, that may not be good enough and other owners may want more. I had anticipated more of a "Bar &Grill" than a restaurant that could offer a "fast food" type menu and coffee shop. A place where: 1) Those using the pool could swim up and get hot and cold beverages, beer, wine and mixed drinks. (Remember no food in the pool) 2) Those lounging around the pool and clubhouse area could get all the above plus Fries? Hot Dogs? Hamburgers? Deli sandwiches etc.? 3) Those in the Villas and condominiums could walk to get drinks and snacks 4) If you did not have breakfast at your place you could get something at the grill 5) Same for lunch 6) Ditto for snacks 7) Ditto for dinner I think something like this would adequately serve the needs of most vacationers for some of the time. At the same time, I wouldn't anticipate they may want a steady diet of fast food and would expect they would visit other restaurants in the area. I have not been at Las Palmas since July the 6th. On the 5th I walked around and counted the number of people enjoying the different areas of the complex around 8:00 PM. There were about 10 - 12 in the clubhouse, about 5-6 sitting in the outside seating areas, about 15-17 in and around the pool and 5-6 in and around the hot tub. As well in the Grande and Baja Ramada areas there were about 6-8 people each. That adds up to between 47 and 57 people. It may have been a busy time right after the July 4th week end and school was just out but I think even larger restaurants would like to have access to that many people. I am not saying they would all buy something but certainly a large portion probably would. As far as the seasonal aspect of the operation, from what I have seen the area is becoming less and less seasonal and there are a lot more people down there in the "slow times" than there used to be. We were down there a lot between January and July and yes, it is very quit during the week. It could be that during the week the service level could be reduced but that would be in part up to the tenant. I say in part, because although I have not seen the lease, if the past history of the developer controlled HOA continues with the writing of the lease I suspect, once again, they will have written in all kinds of things to protect the owners. My gut feeling is that there will be some sort of provision to govern hours of operation, cleanliness, scope of menu, prices and probably other things. I do not know this for a fact, just my thoughts. Thank you GH Robins

Posted on: 7/22/2005 1:09pm

Communication
Guest_
Please post the following explanation in the appropiate forum. The water and mud at the base of the water slide has four sources that are likely to continue. The water from people backing up the flow, people dripping wet going back up the steps, runoff from the irrigation (the area inside the walkway next to the waterfall edifice is not irrigated) and rainfall. For these sources of water a drain will be installed that will be connected to the sewer. There is not an economical way to recycle the pool water as it is treated with clorine. For the leak in the slide the contractor for the slide will need to make a trip to Las Palmas to fix this. Bob Miller

Posted on: 7/23/2005 10:25pm

Communication
Debi and Tom Johnson
Just a small thought. It may be wiser to just have a convenience store that sells Beer and Wine, hot dogs, tacos.. People from outside may be able to make purchases. It seems we do not have a draw from just Las Palmas to make a restaurant work. The computers should be in a locked room, maybe connected it some way to the rental or selling office for overview. Kids do not take care of things and computers are expensive.. same in the exercise room. Parents must supervise here just as hopefully they do anywhere. The new REEF restaurant is very nice, piano bar, views. We will get through all this if we work together...

Posted on: 7/25/2005 12:08am

Communication
Sandee Bennett
It may help to add some granite or larger rocks where the dirt is under the slide and maybe make a permanent type border instead of the four bricks. This new restaurant at the Reef - is that the same Reef at the end of Sandy Beach? Used to be pretty wild. I am for the taco stand or convenient store that sells packaged foods - all that is needed is a refrigerator and microwave - or how about one of those hot dog making machines. Oh well, we just hope something starts up before too long. And yes, put a door on the computer room and have user check out a key - although, I wish we didn't have to do that. Did anyone go see the computers at the Sonoran Sun? Hope everyone had a great weekend. Sandee

Posted on: 7/25/2005 8:27am

Communication
Guest_
Las Palmas and a prospective tenant for the Restaurant/Bars have reached a verbal lease and operating agreement. Although not final and now in the hands of the attorneys, we hope to see signed leases and agreements in the very near future

Posted on: 8/5/2005 5:45pm

Communication
Guest_
Hey, everybody! I've spent the last hour looking over all the discussions and here's my 2 cents worth. As far as the restuarant goes I'm happy to hear we have a possible tenant. I never envisioned a 5 star restuarant but more of a burgers and brew type of place. I agree with Sandee in that I don't think it can survive being closed to the public, but I could be wrong. Also, I know nothing about the restuarant business and I believe in letting people do what they do best. Get a "Restuaranteer" in here that knows what they are doing and let them do it. Let them own their own equipment, licenses etc. and they will not want to fail. I would love to see a convenience store! I go to the Sonoran everyday when I'm at Las Palmas for ice. If no store, maybe just an ice machine! As far as the grounds are concerned, once again, I agree with Sandee. I think we have enough people to keep up the grounds, I see them everywhere, but not necessarily working. They need more training and better supervision. We were one of the 1st buyers at Las Palmas and have seen this place grow from the ground up, literally. It has come a long way and has a ways to go but we love it! I think the card key gate is great, perhaps take that a step further and have card key doors for some of the amenities. That way, if renters want to have access, as well they should, they would need to check out a key from the office, that way they are more accountable. Just one more person's opinion! Carol Walencikowski

Posted on: 8/6/2005 10:40am

Communication
Sandee Bennett
Hi Carol - great to hear from you. It seems we are in agreement - I think a convenience store is a must - we like you need ice on a regular basis. And a six pack of beer for sale would be nice. We will be down for the Labor Day weekend - hope to see some of you then. Sandee Bennett

Posted on: 8/8/2005 8:23am

Communication
Guest_
Restaurant and Bars As of Friday August 19, 2005, signed leases are in place. GHR

Posted on: 8/21/2005 9:31am

Communication
Dale & Bonnie Rook
YEA! YEA! YEA! for a new restaurant and bar with leases in place. It is a major start. Let's all show our support for the new Las Palmas tenant. Bonita

Posted on: 8/22/2005 8:35am

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »