Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Clubhouse News - Restaurnat and Bar Update

Need help?
Members Help

Restaurnat and Bar Update
Guest_
Is there anyone who may have photos that they would share of the Las Palmas Restaurnat and Pool Bar. I have not seen the resort for some time nor any pictures of these areas of the clubhouse. Thanks in advance for any photos submitted. John

Posted on: 6/11/2005 11:10am

Guest_
There are some pictures on this site under "Gallery" then "Bar & Grill". GHR

Posted on: 6/14/2005 9:37am

Guest_
GHR: Thanks for the info in your reply. I have seen those photos. I was wondering if someone had newer photos of the actual Bar, where the bartender works and has his drinks stored. I was also hoping to see the inside of the restaurant, oven, tables and chairs, etc. Thanks again. John

Posted on: 6/14/2005 9:50am

Guest_
i went 2 weeks ago and the bar nor the resturaunt are complete they are waiting to get a food vendor, (there will also be an outside snack bar) i have been looking inside the club house and i am very confused to where the actual kitchen is going to be... but so far the clubhouse looks really nice, there are air hockey tables, pool tables, excirse room, online computers, and a sauna are all working

Posted on: 6/30/2005 1:59pm

Guest_
Las Palmas and a prospective tenant for the Restaurant/Bars have reached a verbal lease and operating agreement. Although not final and now in the hands of the attorneys, we hope to see signed leases and agreements in the very near future

Posted on: 8/5/2005 5:45pm

Guest_
Signed August 19, 2005 GHR

Posted on: 8/22/2005 8:10am

Guest_
I have heard rumors that the progress of the bar and grill has hit a snag. Yesterday, I spoke with the tenant and there is no snag. This a fairly comprehensive undertaking and it has taken some time to purchase, import and install the various equipment. They told me that basically all the major appliances and fixtures, with the exception of the inside dining tables and chairs, have now been delivered. They are hoping the liquor license application will be approved within the next 2 to 3 weeks and hope to have the grill operational by the same time. If the license is not in place by then, they will go ahead and open the grill and not serve liquor until they receive the license. I know that we, the owners, have been waiting a long time but this tenant only signed the lease less than a month ago. Thank you GH Robins

Posted on: 9/17/2005 7:17am

Sandee Bennett
Has anyone heard when the restaurant might open? The front page of the rental website states it is coming in October - the Rocky Point Restaurant Guide said coming soon. Does anyone have an idea when soon is? Dave and I will be in Rocky Point Oct 21, 22 and 23 - would be nice if it were open. And what about the liquor license? Where is that process? Do we think it will be complete before transition and turnover? Sandee Bennett

Posted on: 10/7/2005 8:38am

Guest_
I just now got off the phone from speaking with the tenant. All the equipment and fixtures have been ordered for some time now and they have been receiving it a little at a time at the restaurant. All has now been received and most has been installed. They were missing a part for the Fan Hood Vent and have been having difficulty getting a replacement. They are now relying on some of the local trades to install the equipment and they have had some setbacks. They can't really guarantee a date they can open as so much of the installation depends on the reliability of others. They would like to be open in 2 - 3 weeks but cannot guarantee that. Apparently the liquor license has to be approved on at least 2 levels of Government - local and through Hermosilla. I gather the process at the local level takes the longest. The application at the local level was hung up waiting for a letter of approval from the health department which has now been received. They are now waiting for the approval from Hermosilla. Monica feels they are about 75% of the way through the process. Again, the process is out of their hands and all they and we can do now is wait patiently I think it is and always has been the goal of everyone involved to have it up and running before transition. Hope this helps. GH Robins

Posted on: 10/8/2005 8:05am