Discussions - Rentals - FM3

Need help?
Members Help

Discussions » Rentals
  » FM3

(1) 2 3 »

FM3
Audra Walsh
Hi everyone, Can anyone give me some general information on the FM3? All the research I have done on the internet to understand the process or the need for it has led me to nothing that would help. My husband and I are going down May 5th and is there any documentaiton or ??? that we should be bringing with us when we go to apply for the FM3? Also the true cost of the document and do we need cash? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 4/7/2005 10:08am

FM3
Janet Winkel
here is a weab site that I found for the fme hope it helhttp://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/immigration.html as far as I can figure out if you own and live there you need an fm3 but we own but do not live there so I dont think we need one. thanks janet

Posted on: 4/19/2005 9:45pm

FM3
Janet Winkel
HI me again I have found out some things about the FM3 We do need one If you own or live or rent your condo you need one. I called Sunvalley imagration. There is a lady by the name ov Eileen Wilson that will walk kyou through it and help you. The us # is 1 520-829-4340. Here is the email I was sent that will help In order to obtain a FM-3 Visa, one of the owners of the condo needs only apply. That person needs a valid U.S. Passport, and the signed contract of sale for the Condo, and 8 FM-3 style photos (We can do the photos for you in our office or another photo studio). If your contract of sale is in a corporation or LLC, you will need to have the LLC or corporation notarized by the Secretary of State and get an Apostile. We will need that document along with your contract of sale and a current electric bill. You will need one day to give your information to our office (biographic) and then the next morning (weekdays only, and before 12 noon) we will take you to Immigration. Approximately 3 to 4 weeks later your FM-3 will be ready and you must physically go to Immigration so you can be fingerprinted. After you pickup your FM-3 Visa, you will need to come to our office so we can make application for your Hacienda (Tax ID). We will act as your witnesses and take you to the Notaria Office and the Accountant for signing of documents. It is suggested that if you do not have a valid FM-T, you should stop at the border on your next trip in and obtain an FM-T, the process is simple. The fee for FM-3 is $150.00 for our office, plus photos, and $210.00 approximately for the filling fee with Immigration. (Filing fees varies slightly with the value of the peso) Immigration filing fees MUST be paid in cash. Other fees can be paid to us by check. Hacienda is $100.00 and that must also be paid in cash, but not paid until after you FM-3 has been approved. If you would like to use our services, you will need to come to Rocky Point to visit us and bring the documents listed above. Janet

Posted on: 5/9/2005 8:14am

FM3
Guest_
In an effort to not cloud the issue of FM3 I was told by the same company that if you DO NOT RENT your house or condo an FM3 is not needed. An FMT is needed to obtain an FM3 and an FMT is all that is needed to set up your bank trust. My Bank Trust was set up with an FMT. If anyone has any other info please reply.

Posted on: 5/10/2005 6:51am

FM3
Guest_
I just went down to the Mexican consulte in Phoenix all I needed was my agreement in spanish, AZ DL, 2 passport photos, passport,bank statement, and application. It cost $98.00 I dropped off the information and the next day came to pickup my FM3 and get finger printed.

Posted on: 5/12/2005 6:32am

FM3
Guest_
What agreement? Your Bank Trust?

Posted on: 5/12/2005 7:44am

FM3
Guest_
Your sales contract in spanish.

Posted on: 5/12/2005 5:21pm

FM3
Guest_
Thank you Dougcsi for the great info. GaryD

Posted on: 5/13/2005 10:34am

FM3
Guest_
Dougcsi, is your FM3 so that you can rent out your unit and pay your Mexican Hacienda tax? I was told that Mexican Immigration charged around $200.00 for this. Has Alberto in the rental office seen it and said it is ok? Thanks, I'm thinking of getting mine in Phoenix if it is only $98.00. Thank you Doug., Lindac

Posted on: 5/15/2005 3:56pm

FM3
Guest_
We are not renting so it is not the one for renting, but you can still get that one at the Mexican consulte in Phoenix.

Posted on: 5/16/2005 6:46am

(1) 2 3 »