Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Questions about Las Palmas - Screen Doors - Patio

Need help?
Members Help

Screen Doors - Patio
Guest_

I am looking to replace the patio sliding screen doors on our condo.  Has anyone found a store that carries screen doors that work?  I purchased Columbia brands doors from Home Depot and they did not fit, height - wise.  Columbia doors have an adjustable piece at bottom and top but neither combination of adjustments works.  Any suggestions!!!

Posted on: 4/15/2009 7:57pm

Re: Screen Doors - Patio
Guest_
In the past the maintence guys had them at Las Palmas, you may want to check with them.

Posted on: 4/17/2009 6:27pm

Henry Zissel

In the past,  Jerry Petty, the HOA president had stocked them for us and we could just go to Frnacisco and pay him for the screendoors.

At the last HOA meeting, I asked about getting more screendoors for the patios  and it was just glossed over, and I never got a response. Too much other stuff going on at the meeting, I think.

We should go back to Jerry Petty Or Francisco and ask them they could start stocking them again.

It is almost impossible to get a door that fits on a guess.

Cindy Mabry

Baja building 

Posted on: 4/20/2009 12:32pm

Guest_
I purchased hanging screen doors from Solutions.com http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=285 ,they are on sale now. they fit with a tension pole at the top and velcro on the sides. The are open in the middle to allow you to walk through. they overlap as they close to keep out the bugs. They do a great job and for about 25% of the replacement cost of a one screen door i bought all three. Now if I can teach the cleanning girls that they stay on after I leave everything would be great. They want to take them down and store them in my laundry room

Posted on: 6/9/2009 8:05am