Polls

Search

Discussions - Questions about Las Palmas - Utilities

Need help?
Members Help

Utilities
Talia & Mitch Katz

To: All Las Palmas Homeowners

I just received my Dolphin Statement and saw the electric bill for June-July. The amount was close to $ 2700.00. I feel that was excessive and more than double any previous bill. Did anyone else receive the same shock in electricity charges. Please let me know if this is the new reality or do I have a problem with my unit. I would appreciate any information or advice.

Thank you,

Mitch

Posted on: 8/21/2008 8:21am

Re: Utilities
Joe & Corey Noriega

While we were just there we observed in the Delphin building that a few renters had the air on and the front doors wide open...the same was with a few cleaning people when they were cleaning the units. I know at this time of year when humidity gets inside, it makes your A/C work twice as hard.

Another thing it could be is your freon is low.

I know another owner when we were down there had mentioned that their electrical bill was quite high as well.

Posted on: 8/22/2008 9:10am

Sandee Bennett
Our electric bill for the Baja was okay, but as usual the Bonita (which has a digital themostat and is smaller than the Baja unit) had an electric bill twice as high. We think the problem is that renters do not know how to adjust the digital thermostat which is in celsius and we agree with Joe that many renters leave the air going and open the doors and windows.

Dave and Sandee (Baja 402/Bonita 403B)

Posted on: 8/25/2008 10:27am

Guest_

Hi Mitch,

We own Casa 11 and our electric bill was just over $2800.  We, too, think that is horrendous.  We were thinking that it's probably due to abuse of the a/c thermostat and I've sent an email to America asking if we can put a governor on it or if they have any other solutions to offer.

Sandy R

Posted on: 8/25/2008 12:20pm

Guest_
just curious...what was your rental income for that month? The houses have been filled to capacity the last several times that I was down there. 

Posted on: 8/25/2008 1:31pm

Guest_
Just a quick note.you can have the AC company put a switch on your doors thats shuts the AC off if the doors are left open for 30 or 45 seconds. Also the thermostats can be switched from C to F. Ask America how to do it.

Posted on: 8/27/2008 6:05am

Talia & Mitch Katz

Thank you to everyonr for your informative response.

It is appreciated!

Posted on: 10/13/2008 7:22am

Talia & Mitch Katz

Sandra,

Maybe we should work together on having controls installed. Two at the same time might give us a better cost.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mitch

Posted on: 10/13/2008 7:24am