Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Questions about Las Palmas - Guard abuse

Need help?
Members Help

Guard abuse
Guest_

Hi we came to the pool yesterday and our friend started to tell us how a home owner was asking why there was so many people in the pool with out the wrist band and when the guard asked the family.

The man and his family did not have a wristband they threaten the guard and the guard backed off.....

We did find out the person  was not a renter they where staying in Delphin 302...

I can not believe we have not trained our guard  that if some one treatens them they should have back up and have this person moved from the pool..... this man was making an ass out of our security..

We asked the rental company if they have back up to help the guard when there is a problem at the pool....seem like every one likes to go hide and this poor guard is left alone

We asked today if there was a report made yesterday about this owner/owners friend and we where told NO....

We need to have our Security Trained so they are not Abused by renters and owners ..... The Guard should't need to take this abuse from any one.

Posted on: 7/31/2008 7:01pm

Re: Guard abuse
Guest_
I was there last week and had the same experience. The guard at the pool was NOT enforcing the rules regarding wristbands and pool floats, etc. When I confronted the guard and requested that he DO HIS JOB, he attempted but was yelled at by a man at the pool and then he told me he was sorry but he had no way to deal with this. In other words, he was afraid of this rule breaking man. I was appalled. Why are we paying these security guards if they are afraid of the people? I had several other problems while there. The pools were filthy and bottoms covered with sand. It was like a water amusement park. I want to sell my unit and get away from this nonsense. It is impossible for me to relax while I am there anymore. Anyone interested? No reasonable offer refused. Baja 501. P.S. America says they have no control over security guards, rules, etc. Only Francisco can monitor the guards. Unfortunately, he was off the day of this incident.

Posted on: 8/4/2008 2:11am

Guest_

Mr/Mrs Ponzio,

Back in 2004 when we first bought at Las Palmas I had discussed with the powers to be at that time the security guards roll and what training they received.  I was asking for more stringent policies for Las Palmas and for the guards to be trained better and tighten up on the rules and enforce them.  I was told by the powers to be that the resort did not want to give the impression that it was being run by GESTAPO.  I have worked in Law Enforcement for 33 years and I had offered back then my assistance to help train the guards how to handle situations and difficult people. 

There was one incident that happened at the Baja Pool in 2005 where an owner had a glass container in the water and was asked by another owner to remove the glass container from the pool.  The owner was drunk and he was an OWNER, so he refused.  There were about 20 people in the pool and everyone started telling the man to remove the glass container.  Finally about five or six men in the pool started to approach the guy and were telling him to remove the glass container.  He got out of the pool and left with his glass container.  This situation like the one you are referring to will take the owners banning together to stop the violations and give the security guards the power to enforce the rules.  The guards need to know we will stand behind them as owners.  The guards don't get paid that well and are not going to put their personal safety on the line if they feel they might also be jeopardzing their jobs from talking back to an owner and trying to make eveyone obey the rules.  I think the impression out there is if your a renter the guards might enforce most of the rules if it is an owner the guards probably hang back or walk the other direction.  How many people out there are willling to Correct their Boss?  This is very close to the type of situation we have put them in.  Owners, owners guest, and renters need to all be treated the same and enforcement needs to be the same.  The guards need to know and see that the owners group and the HOA will stand behind them.  If we all want a well run, safe, secure environment at Las Palmas then we have to stand behind our security guards and make sure they know we are standing behind them.  I think you should bring up your concerns at the next HOA meeting or contact the HOA board right now.  I silenced myself a long time ago when I was shot down by the developers managing employees but the resort should now be run by the HOA.  I hope!  Good Luck.   Bruce Turner Grande #204  

Posted on: 8/4/2008 7:18am

Sandee Bennett
Please send these e-mails to the Board of Directors. You can send the message via www.laspalmashoa.com or e-mail jerrypetty@cox.net, danddimovski@yahoo.com.

I agree that if the guards cannot enforce the rules why have either (the rules or the guards).

Sandee Bennett/Baja 402

Posted on: 8/4/2008 9:06am

Guest_
Hi Sandee, great job on the security situation.  When we were there we had seen the same thing going one with glass containers.  The guards seem like they are afraid to say anything to these people that break the rules.  June & I do hope that this gets straightened out.  Thank you.   ........Carl & June

Posted on: 8/4/2008 10:38am

Debi and Tom Johnson
I think we do have to work together to get rules enforced. The rental co is to give out the wristbands and if they do not enforce people to wear them what is the point. Francisco and the Security Guard Supervisor need to know what is going on. I will try to email Francisco. I have a feeling if rental activity is down, someone is letting their local families use our facilities since no one else is... Just my thought not sure...

Posted on: 8/5/2008 7:53pm

Debi and Tom Johnson
I think we do have to work together to get rules enforced. The rental co is to give out the wristbands and if they do not enforce people to wear them what is the point. Francisco and the Security Guard Supervisor need to know what is going on. I will try to email Francisco. I have a feeling if rental activity is down, someone is letting their local families use our facilities since no one else is... Just my thought not sure...

Posted on: 8/5/2008 7:53pm

Guest_
This list is for HOA board members and support staff.

Telephone numbers and more detailed contact info will be included when the page or site is password protected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General HOA
Las Palmas Community Association
laspalmas_hoa@yahoo.com
891 E. Warner Road #100-126
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
Tel: (480) 497-6004
Fax: (480) 926-6922

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Petty
President
jerrypetty@cox.net

Kelly Bruce
Secretary / Treasurer Board Member
fitness1gymaz@hotmail.com

Dan Dimovski
Board Member
danddimovski@yahoo.com

Francisco Montaño
HOA Manager
laspalmas_hoa@hotmail.com
Paseo De La Palmas
Costa Diamante
Ferrocarril Playas
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico
CP 83554-CR83551

Libertad Rivas (Liberty)
HOA Manager Assistant
laspalmas_hoa@yahoo.com

Bob Miller
Assists Francisco (Not HOA employee)
laspalmas_hoa@yahoo.com

Shannon Viola
Finance & Collections
shannonkviola@yahoo.com

Posted on: 8/11/2008 11:02am