Polls

Search

Discussions - Rentals - Damage to condo

Need help?
Members Help

(1) 2 »

Damage to condo
Guest_
Was down last week and decided to stop over and check on our condo. Some minor interior damage but the door jamb was split wide open. It appeared as if someone tried to kick the door open. Isnt someone supposed to check the units after people leave in order to charge people for damage? Does anyone know?

Posted on: 11/18/2007 5:38am

Damage to condo
Debi and Tom Johnson
America at our onsite rental co would be the first person to contact and also Franciscol

Posted on: 11/20/2007 7:02am

Damage to condo
Guest_
I did let them know but would think that something like this would be charged to the renter.

Posted on: 11/20/2007 12:17pm

Damage to condo
Sandee Bennett
To my knowledge, there is no check upon a renter's departure. Therefore, not sure when or how damage is reported. However, I don't feel we should be responsible to fix or replace if not normal wear and tear? Sandee Bennett

Posted on: 11/26/2007 8:14am

Damage to condo
Guest_
I agree....there is an inventory list for each condo...before the renters leave, someone should go up to the unit and do a check of inventory and especially damage so that the renters can pay for it

Posted on: 12/3/2007 7:28am

Damage to condo
Guest_
We had damage to our condo some time ago, but we are not in the renters pool. We had to suck up the cost and get it fixed. We did hear of some people that had similar damage. That is why we put in the security door. I hope you have the security of being in the rental pool. We have had many questions about the rental pool; whether we want to be in or not. This is one of our concerns. After the rental, having a walk through by an employee. If you don't have that security what is the deposit good for? Is there a deposit? Amy Quijada

Posted on: 12/3/2007 1:46pm

Damage to condo
Guest_
I stop by the condo whenever I am in Penasco to check on it. On one trip I noticed the iron and ironing board was missing. I told America and she tracked it down. Thanks to her. Not the end of the world losing and iron and etc but it does show the lack of "check out" inspection.

Posted on: 12/5/2007 6:44am

Damage to condo
Joe & Corey Noriega
we don't rent but noticed a few months back that our front door frame was spit and the lock area was also split......looked like someone had tried to kick the door or force it open.

Posted on: 12/15/2007 12:57pm

Damage to condo
Guest_
Did you report it and was it repaired?

Posted on: 12/16/2007 5:37am

Damage to condo
Joe & Corey Noriega
I am sure we said something but it was awhile back and can't remember. We fixed it ourselves...wasn;t major but you could tell that there had been force on the door.

Posted on: 12/16/2007 6:29am

(1) 2 »