Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Clubhouse News - heating the spa and pools

Need help?
Members Help

heating the spa and pools
Guest_
This Poll has been on the website for a year at least. Has any decision been made as to what facility will be heated, and when?

Posted on: 2/20/2007 5:16pm

Sandee Bennett
It appears management decides which pool is heated and when. No results of the survey were ever posted. The main pool will start being heated in March for Spring Break - not sure what else. Sandee Bennett/Baja 402

Posted on: 2/26/2007 7:31am

Guest_
and so... if management makes the final decision and it doesn't matter what the owners want.....the purpose of the poll is what? If there's no point, then maybe whomever is in charge of the website should take it off.

Posted on: 2/26/2007 9:25am

Guest_
It costs approximately 300 US dollars per day to heat the clubhouse pool which is 550 cubic meters in volume compared to the Grande and Baja pools that are only 100 cubic meters in volume and each costs approximately 60-75 US dollars per day to heat. The President of the HOA approved the policy to heat the Grande pool from November through February since there are so few owners or renters staying at Las Palmas at that time, but ordered the clubhouse pool to be heated at Thanksgiving and also from Christmas through New Year's since there are more owners and renters that are at Las Palmas during these winter holidays. The annual savings in propane cost by heating one of the smaller pools during the off season instead of the clubhouse pool is over $20,000. Last year the Baja pool was heated so this year the Grande pool was heated. The poll on the website was not able to ask owners if they want to spend an additional $225-240 per day to heat the clubhouse pool when there are very few owners and renters at Las Palmas during the off-season to benefit from the extra cost. The heater for the clubhouse pool was turned on last Wednesday. Heating Schedule Grande pool and Spa was heated everyday until February 23rd. Clubhouse Pool February 21 to May 13 (Mother’s Day). Clubhouse Spa Everyday. Baja, Grande, Bonita and Delphin Spas on Weekends (Friday through Sunday). Concerns or recommendations to the HOA manager or to the Board of Directors can be e-mailed to: laspalmas_hoa@hotmail.com or laspalmas_hoa@yahoo.com . The HOA office telephone is 011 52 638-382-8137. Bob Miller

Posted on: 2/26/2007 1:02pm

Guest_Guest
i would like to know if we are a resort or not... i came down to vacation/stay in my unit and bring my family for fall break. i have a beautiful condo. and i pay for it too. i also pay HOA dues. which are higher than some gated communities in scottsdale. and i go to use the pool i go to step in and it is a colder than the artic. i came to enjoy and relax. and by the pool is where i want to be. and so do my kids and my family. i was just wondering where is my money going... to save the grass, a tree. yes that is beautiful, but this does not relax me. i would like to enjoy the swim up bar...where is it... 4 coolers and and fly infested counter. is this where my money is going. i go to sit at the bar and fight the flys on cheap bar stools. and not a beer on tap... i say again where is my money going. we need to take pride in our little community i don't want to come to my condo and freeze in the pool, or spit fly's out of my drink. i want a pool that is heated and refreshing. this is not up to standards, it is not special. i wanted a vacation, my family waited for this. i came home and heated my pool and made my own drink. very disappointing to me and my family that waited a long time for this vacation. please heat the pool on holidays and weekends... use the covers that we have... i know that the other resorts were heated sun, sea, las palomas... we went there too... just to check... what is wrong here... who is managing this... who is profiting from this... doesn't anyone care...

Posted on: 10/12/2007 11:58pm