Las Palmas Owners

Loginname:
Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Grande News - Fractional owner of Unit 403 start week change problem

Need help?
Members Help

Fractional owner of Unit 403 start week change problem
Guest_
I received a letter yesterday stating the ownership weeks will begin on Fridays instead of Saturdays and the request for more money to operate our unit. As I had planned my vacation for the week of August 20, I was upset with the last minute change of plans. She told me just to take off early from work on that Friday. Nice thought, but not practical for me. The need for additional funds was upsetting as there seems to be no control of spending. She explained that a B203 renter ruined the window seat and it had to be replaced. The rental company did not inspect the unit after the renters left and so they felt no responsibility, thus we have an increase in operating expense because they did not do their job of inspection of the unit. Besides the $100.00 per month maintenance we have a miscellaneous expense of $500. $600.00 a month for maintenance. I don't know about you but I have never spent that much money a month on my house in Gilbert for general upkeep and such. I think $12K a year should easily refurnish a two bedroom condo, what do you think! Oh wait, I haven't refurbished my entire house in several years, so we should have $36K in the budget when it comes time to repalace the interior items. Does our unit look like it cost $12k to furnish? and will it be beat up so bad that we should replace everything next year? There was a poll to see how many of us wanted to add additional dollars for furniture replacement. I was never told how the poll went, just a notice to pay. Was I the only one left out of the results? I contcated Shannon and learned that she had so many requests to change the weekly start date she was compelled to make that change. No one asked my opinion or when was a good time to make the change. I have requested a 2005 financial statement and budget for G403 and I think each of the fractional owners should too. I don't believe our unit has been managed very well and look forward to the LLP being formed. Is anyone else worried or upset with the latest letter from Villas Bonitas/Las Palmas.

Posted on: 8/2/2005 7:16am

Guest_
Hi Greg & Lynda: I did receive the same letter as you did since we are in the same condo. I was concerned with the high costs, especially the electricity. I was told that they were not going to collect for furniture replacement. It looks like they changed their minds. Shannon stated that the money that is collected is going into a bank account that is directed for G-403. So, if we overpay the money, this overpayment will be used for the next year. When we take over the account we can do as we wish with the money collected. It is not their money to be used by them, it is ours. As far as the change to Friday. That was well over due. I spoke to Loren at the rental office and was informed that the Saturday change made it more difficutlt for him to rent out the units on the weekend. Most who rent want Friday and Saturdays. The same with many owners. They want to use it for the weekend. If the change of ownership is Saturday Loren had to make sure that both owners are willing to rent. If one is and the other isn't, he would look for another unit to rent. It is too much to ask a renter to take one unit on Friday, and then have to move to another for Saturday. I like this change. Shannon stated that all of the fractionated units have been sold in the condos, great. Hope to hear from you. John & Ellie

Posted on: 8/2/2005 5:03pm

Guest_
Hi Greag & Lynda: I would like to comment on the B203 window seat. I forgot to mention it before. First, there is no window seat in that unit. We rented it just after the damage was done. The wooden ledge or sill in one of the bedrooms was torn from the wall. I think this is what she is referring to. I mentioned it to Jerry on the day we moved in. It was discovered from the report of the cleaning staff that they did the damage. One of the cleaning ladies sat on the ledge trying to clean the outside of the window. It came from the wall. The bolts were too short to do any good, and the side windows could not be taken off as designed because of the sill being in the way. They did not put these sills on the units in the Grande as far as I know. The damage was very little. All it took was the maintanence person to put the sill back up and use longer bolts into the wall. There was no damage to the sill itself. John

Posted on: 8/2/2005 6:12pm

Guest_
John, thanks for your input. The Friday thing is fine with me except I had planned my time there many months ahead and I spoke to LP sales office just two weeks ago to confirm my stay and they did not mention the week started on Fridays, then I got the letter. I just hate surprises like this. I just wish the communication between LP and us was better. Shannon told me it cost around $75 dollars to make the shelf repairs. If the staff did the damage why was there any charge to us? I have waited YEARS for the LLP to be formed as we signed for the unit when there was only sand on that spot. I have requested a financial statement and I look forward to sharing the information. I look forward to being part of the LLP board also. Thanks for your reply. Greg and Lynda Anderson

Posted on: 8/3/2005 6:57am