Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Check it Out! - Cell Phone For Mexico

Need help?
Members Help

Cell Phone For Mexico
Guest_
I found an add in the Northwest Airlines magazine for a cell phone that will work in Mexico. This phone, that works in Mexico and the US, costs $99.00 with no monthly service charge or required use. You pay for only the minutes used. So if you do not use it, it will cost you nothing except the original $99.00. It requires that it be used once every 18 months or they will suspend the service. If this happens you have to call them to restart it, at no charge. I have ordered one, and if you want to know how I enjoy it please contact me next year after March 18th. You can go to www.mobal.com/nwa for more info, and to order the phone.

Posted on: 6/4/2005 3:45pm

Cell Phone For Mexico
Guest_
I looked at the site. Seems like a great idea but I use AT&T/Singular and it is about half the price for mexico calls. However, if you have another cell service it is probably a good alternative.

Posted on: 6/5/2005 2:07pm

Cell Phone For Mexico
Guest_
The best Mexico plan is the Cingular North American Plan. You can use it anywhere in North America. It is $59 per month that includes 450 minutes of anytime use and 1000 weekend minutes and the minutes rollover. No additional charges for using it in Mexico or calling to the States. And people in the States just call your regular number to reach you in Mexico. You can also text message on it. This is the best deal out there for Mexico.

Posted on: 6/6/2005 8:56am

Cell Phone For Mexico
Guest_
Hi All: I agree that the North American plan is great and it is something I may consider later. Right now, we are franctionated owners and will not use the phone in Mexico for chatting. It is there more for emergencies, or for those in the states to let us know they plan on coming down for a visit with us. We have a cell phone right now that is the same as the Cinglar plan but not good in Mexico. It costs us about $35.00 per month. The Cinglar plan cost $24.00 a month more which adds up to $288.00 per year more. That is a lot of use for us. Our package is $2.95 per minutes when we call the US and $1.95 for calls we receive from the US. This phone is a good phone for those that do not have a cell phone and do not want one, but want one for emergency calls when in Mexico.

Posted on: 6/6/2005 2:58pm