Las Palmas Owners

Loginname:
Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Questions about Las Palmas - Texmex in units?

Need help?
Members Help

Texmex in units?
Guest_
Does anyone have a landline connected in their condo or home thru Telmex? I have been trying since July 2004 and they keep telling me it is working when it isn't. Then they bill me...Patricia Perez has paid over $200.00 in phone bills and I don't even have service.....She said she HAS to pay the bills or they will not resolve the problem; although they say there is no problem. She is now convinced someone else has a key to the condo and is using it. Maybe Israel, security guard, maid???

Posted on: 4/27/2005 10:50pm

Texmex in units?
Guest_
We have a phone line and DSL line in Villa #19 This is the process, we followed (I assume you already did some of this but this may help others): 1) Applied in person to Telmex (when you walk in the front door, walk straight ahead to the desk with the nice looking young fellow who speaks English) 2) Paid cash and I forget how much, to the cashier and left with 2 telephones and a receipt with our new phone number. (We bought their phones and were glad we did, as the first question they ask when you call for repair is -"do you have our phone or some other make?") 3) Waited a week or so and had a dial tone one day. 4) We could and did, once the phone line was connected, apply in person for a DSL line. (I was told we could not apply for the DSL line until our phone line was connected. You leave their office with a receipt after paying cash a modem, wireless "access point" and instructions in Spanish) 5) When the phone line was connected, we could dial out but incoming calls rang once then cut off. 6) We called repair "050" and asked for the "English Area" and scheduled a service call. 7) They did not show up and we waited 3 or 4 days before calling back 8) They told me I did not call before because there was no record in the computer 9) Rescheduled 10) In the meantime our DSL line was connected and worked, after a few calls to 01800-123-2222 "English Area", very well 11) On the second scheduled date for the repair our phone rang and it was the repair person saying he was testing the line and would call back. When he did call back it worked great. 12) We left Las Palmas feeling very confident our phone and DSL line would work the next time we returned. 13) They did not. 14) We too use Patricia to pay our bills and I gather there was some sort of mix up with the first invoice, not her fault, and the bill was not paid. 15) I took my phone and DSL receipt to Telmex and paid cash for 3 months. 16) It has been working steadily for the last 4 months. The only disruption was about a 4 hour period, when some workers at some other project cut the lines by accident. We have been told you can pay your bills from Canada and the U.S. through their website www.telmex.com but we still use Patricia. I suspect that even though you may not have actual service, as far as Telmex is concerned, you do. Would the $200.00 not be the monthly service charge? My lesson was that we had to be here long enough to schedule a service call and wait for them to fix it. So the short answer is yes, we have a land line and yes they will cut off the service if you do not pay and no I don't think any of the Las Palmas or Villas Bonitas people would use the owners phones and yes, it took some time and patience and many phone calls and some personal visits to get things working properly. In the long run I think it is worth the effort. Hope this helps. GHR

Posted on: 4/28/2005 9:00am

Texmex in units?
Guest_
It turns out that the phone line was spliced into and they ran it to the rental office and "warehouse" for Las Palmas. This would explain the 235 phone calls made from my phone number last month. I started calling the numbers on the bill and the first one was Rubens. If anyone else if having the same problem with Telmex and a landline, take this into consideration. Hopefully it all gets worked out and I get credited for Las Palmas's use and they actually get a phone line working in my condo. Lisa

Posted on: 4/30/2005 8:16am