Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Baja News - Baja - Pool Area Railings

Need help?
Members Help

Baja - Pool Area Railings
Guest_
As you may have noticed, some of the black metal railings had started to rust and the rust was staining the painted areas of the fence. I had wondered how they were going to stop the rust and repaint both the metal and concrete since the metal was touching the concrete in some places. Please see the picture added to the "gallery". They are removing each metal railing and recoating them and I suspect will paint the concrete before reinstalling the railings. I can't be certain but I believe they may also raise the railings a little off the concrete to allow a little breathing room between the bottom of the railing and the concrete. Hopefully, when finished, it will look brand new. GHR

Posted on: 4/27/2005 3:51pm

Guest_
How are they being "coated"? The reason I ask is we have the same issue with the patio railings in the condos. I am also having some stucco seperation on the patio and was wondering if anyone else was seeng any stucco issues on their patios. Mine is breaking away in a couple of places. Gary

Posted on: 4/28/2005 6:04pm

Guest_
Villas Bonitas has started the project to reprime and repaint the pool railings and all the railings on the Baja building. Around the pool the rails will be raised to allow water to drain away. Several different paints and primers have been previously tested. The bolts that attach the rails are being changed to stainless steel. After the pool rails are finished, the units that are not rented will be completed. Then the units that are rented will be completed. On the Grande Building Stainless Steel bolts will be installed and the rusty spots cleaned, primed and painted. This project will take several months to complete. Bob Miller

Posted on: 4/29/2005 9:46am

Guest_
Bob, Thanks for the update. Gary

Posted on: 4/29/2005 1:57pm

Guest_
Bob, Thanks for the update. Gary

Posted on: 4/29/2005 1:58pm