» FM3

« 1 (2) 3 »

FM3
Guest_
Thanks for the info Dougsci, Lindac

Posted on: 5/17/2005 10:20am

FM3
Pat Bogan
I went to the Mexican Consulate in Douglas, AZ last week with the intention of getting an FM3. I called first, so was aware of what to take. I took my electric bill from Las Palmas, a current bank statement, proof of income, passport (or birth certificate), picture id (driver's license), purchase contract in Spanish, 2 pictures ($7.95 at Walgreen's) and a letter from our local police department saying that I had no arrest record. Just to be safe, I made two copies of everything and took them, too. I gave them all the info and$134.00. It took about one half hour to get everything approved, and I was then told to come back in an hour. I went back, was thumbprinted and received my FM3. Very painless!

Posted on: 5/18/2005 5:44pm

FM3
Jerry & Chrystal Colglazier
I called the mexican consulate in Phoenix lst Thursday and was advised of what was needed: sales agreement, bankd statemensts verifying oncome, copy of main page of passport, copu of drivers license. Went to the consulate on Friday with docs & filled out the application. Was told it would take 3 to 4 weeks for approval at which time I would come in and be fingerprinted and pay the fee which was quoted as $195 US in cash. Anyone have any idea why we are getting the various discrepancies? jerry

Posted on: 5/23/2005 4:01pm

FM3
Guest_
Hi Jerry, I have no idea why the discrepancies but I also went to the consulate in Phoenix. I took the same documents you did and she told me it would be anywhere from 10 days to 4 weeks. I asked her not to cancel the pages where extensions would normally be stamped and she told me it would be up to immigration. If immigration tells the consulate to stamp those pages, they have to. So...I called Alberto in the rental offce at Las Palmas(since he was the one that said make sure to leave the extension pages blank) and asked him if extensions were free. He said no. The woman in the consulate told me the FM3 is only good for one year and you must pay again to get another or an extension. So I figure easier to get in Phoenix and you are going to pay again in a year anyways. So I have applied in Phoenix. Hope this helps someone...it really is difficult to get information. Lindac

Posted on: 5/24/2005 10:08am

FM3
Hi Linda Thanks for the reply. Yes the FM 3's have to be re-newed each year-that is why I didn't understand the statement about the extension pages. What price were you quoted? Intering to find out why we have quotes of $195, $98, and $134. Jerry

Posted on: 5/25/2005 10:53am

FM3
Guest_
Hi Jerry, I was quoted $195.00. I took the e-mail that explained the reason in spanish (para prestar hospedaje, etc) that Alberto sent to Jerry Little and Jerry Little forwarded to us. I understand that the $95.00 is only if you own but do not rent your unit out. I have no idae about the other amount!! I do know that the woman in the consulate said that I would have to pay Hacienda tax to Mexico which is correct so I belive I have the correct one. Alberto said that you have to pay for your FM3 once a year so I don't understand the extension page deal either. Maybe just to avoid showing your documents all over again? Just a thought. Lindac

Posted on: 5/25/2005 1:27pm

FM3

Posted on: 6/14/2005 3:42pm

FM3
Linda Have you heard anything back from the Mexican Consulate in Phoenix on your FM3? I filed my application and required documents on May 20 and have not heard back from them. I have tried to call them last friday and yesterday and left a message-no return call. Jerry Colglazier

Posted on: 6/14/2005 3:46pm

FM3
Guest_
I applied my FM3 on 4/22/05. I have heard back from the Phoenix Mexican Consulate. I went back there on 6/15. The agent told me she sent to message to Mexico City to follow up on it. All I can do is wait. Also I have 10 touch-up items need on B303 have not been repaired after my closing date on 4/15/05. Do you know who should I call to follow up on it? StanleyW

Posted on: 6/20/2005 10:23am

FM3
Guest_
Jerry, Have you recieved your FM3 yet from the Phoenix Consulate? I am still wating to hear from them. I applied on May 24th. Thanks, Lindac

Posted on: 7/11/2005 1:27pm

« 1 (2) 3 »