Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Questions about Las Palmas - Hallways & Stairwells

Need help?
Members Help

Hallways & Stairwells
Joe & Corey Noriega

I just wanted to remind people to be very careful in our hallways and stiarwells when they are wet from either mopping or people that have come from the pools. I say this as we were just down there at our condo and brought family. I had my sister and brother in law in the upstairs condo and we were in our condo, one flight down. My brother in law went upstairs to get his wallet before our trip down shacks and when he was coming back down the floor at the top of stairs was wet and he slipped and since we have no railings to grab onto, he fell down the flight of stairs. Was very scary as he was by himself and very shook up and couldn't move at first. A cleaning lady came to our door to let us know he had fallen and when we found him, it was very scary. He was lucky enough to have used his arms to keep his head up as had he hit the tile steps with his head, it could of been more serious than it was. He hurt his back and lower buttocks very badly and may have some nerve damage. I worry about this as we are in the Delphin building and our elevators seem to go out often and owners/renters are forced to take the stairs. I don't know why we never had stair railings installed from the beginning but am sure it would cost a lot to do now. However, we are going to talk to Fransisco to see if we can put non slip tape on the steps or something and don't even mind paying out of our pocket for it as I never want to see this happen again as it could of been a much serious situation with worse injuries. I also know how many kids run up and down the stairs as well. I have had to catch myself a few times from slipping. I also think the elevators could use a strip of non slip as well as they can become like ice when wet. I don't know what others thoughts to the non slip tape would be or if you can think of any other suggestions!

So please be very careful and remind others that use your condo as well~

Posted on: 4/23/2008 8:22am

Re: Hallways & Stairwells
Guest_Guest
yes we have fallen many times... same problems... please the strips would help...

Posted on: 5/5/2008 10:00pm

Re: Hallways & Stairwells
Natalie Bohnet

I also slipped down the stairs two summers ago & had a hairline fracture in my ankle that took 4 months to get better.

I agree that something needs to be done, non-slip or handrails for the stairs to be safer.

Natalie Bohnet

Grande 305 

Posted on: 8/4/2008 10:42am