Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Check it Out! - Check it out - wow

Need help?
Members Help

Check it out - wow
Guest_
Just found website and interested in residents experiences. We are buying unit in last bldg., Delpin and really appreicated photos of clubhouse and pool area. Got a glimpse of our bldg., which was a bonus. Anything we need to know about closing sale would be appreicated. Do you recommend hiring Mx. attorney or does Las Palmas do a nice job?? Anything to watch for?? Snowing here in Wisconsin, 3 inches last night and up to 5 more today. 10am and thinking of Rocky Point. We had used rocky point forum previous, but love this idea..Thanks to whomever...Hope to be down in June for closing and hope to meet lots...Any organized events, social, etc. by buildings?? Guess we'll just wait and see..

Posted on: 2/20/2005 8:15am

Check it out - wow
Guest_
I can only speak from our own experience and of course cannot guarantee how it may have worked or will work for others. We did not hire any outside services, we let the Las Palmas people take care of everything. In our case, we closed on June 9, 2004, we received the bank trust documents to complete and sign on November the 10th, and by January 10, 2005, it was all complete. That is a total of 7 months and we were not unhappy with that. If there was any delay, it was most likely due to the timing on our part. Hiram Roche, from the upper sales office was our only contact and I think he did a great job. The only surprise that I remember was the amount of the closing costs. I forget the amount and it did cover a lot of things and once that amount had been paid, that was the last of the expenses that we saw. Hope this helps. GHR

Posted on: 2/22/2005 8:00am

Check it out - wow
Guest_
Super, really appreciate the news. I'm assuming that after closing we received access to unit and final papers were just the formality of everything. Were you able to move in prior to actual closing? Bring down all your stuff or hired someone else?? Guess we're just nosey and bored, looking at snow.

Posted on: 2/23/2005 11:05am

Check it out - wow
Guest_
We had the keys long before our paper work but we puchased in the first building so it may have just been a learning curve for all. Las Palmas handled all the paperwork and it was very smooth. E Mail Hiram for any help prior to cllosing. I am pretty sure you will need an FM3 or an FMT to open the Bank Trust but I can't currently direct you on that as I am trying to get my FM3 done. If you know of anyone that can do it with the least amount of hassle please advise. Thanks Gary

Posted on: 2/24/2005 3:08pm