Password:

Polls

Search

Discussions - Rentals - Las Palmas - Restaurant - Room Service - Telephones

Need help?
Members Help

Las Palmas - Restaurant - Room Service - Telephones
Guest_
The type of liquor license the Restaurant has applied for (and expects to have in the next few days) will allow room service of food and poured drinks or open bottles of beer & wine. Just one challenge. It is my understanding that not one rental unit has a phone. How does one order room service without a phone? (please do not suggest cell phones) I also understand that the initial cost of phone installation is around $150.00. You can have a basic service that restricts the phone use to 7 digits - local calls only - for around $30.00 per month. Once you have the phone service you can then install either a dial up computer line or DSL line. We have had a phone and a DSL line for over a year and a half and had only one interruption, not caused by Telmex, and it was back in service within the hour. Our bill paying service pays the phone bill but Telmex does have a great website that allows online payment. In my opinion, If you want to attract more renters to Las Palmas it would be beneficial to have a phone and DSL line in each room. You may then attract the type of renter that needs to be in contact with their place of business and could stay at Las Palmas for a longer period of time. Not to mention the safety/security benefits. Just my thoughts. GH Robins

Posted on: 11/5/2005 6:38am

Guest_
Someone asked: 1) How to block long distance calling 2) How to let owners call the U.S. and Canada inexpensively There are 2 solutions: 1) We have a local number and do not have the long distance block, but I understand that Telmex offers a service where they restrict the dialing to allow 7 digits only - effectively blocking all long distance calls. We use this line for local calls only. 2) We have a Vonage phone http://www.vonage.com/ (you need DSL for this to work). Since most of our calling is to and from relatives and friends in area code 604, we chose the area code 604 and picked a phone number we liked. When you dial out using, in our case 604, you are actually using "voice over IP" - no charge to all area code 604 numbers. When people dial your Vonage number from, in our case 604, there is no charge to them or us. When dialing other, U.S. and Canada, normal long distance charges apply. You can take it with you and plug it into any broadband network and begin. It works like a charm. ( I almost forgot - if you get a voice mail message on your Vonage number, Vonage converts it to an email message and sends you the voice mail attachment to the email address of your choice. You can then open up the attachment and hear the voice mail on your computer) When you have the DSL and the Vonage phone, you can carry on business just as if you were at home in the U.S. Hope this helps. GH Robins

Posted on: 11/5/2005 9:35am

Guest_
HOW DID YOU GET THIS TYPE OF PHONE SERVICE AND WHERE. WE HAVE A PHONE IN OUR CONDO, BUT IT IS SO EXPENSIVE TO CALL HOME. IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS- DEBBIE

Posted on: 11/7/2005 10:51am

Guest_
You can read more about it on their website - www.vonage.com You DO need a DSL line, at least that is my understanding, to allow the Vonage phone to work. Hope this helps. GH Robins

Posted on: 11/7/2005 11:18am