Polls

Search

Discussions - Rentals - Las Palmas - Rental Testimonial

Need help?
Members Help

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Las Palmas - Rental Testimonial
Guest_
Maybe I am missing the point and maybe I am looking at it too much from a financial or business point of view: How many heated spas are required to be heated during what hours to accommodate X number of visitors during those hours. I hate to see a waste of any kind and in my opinion heating 5 spas 24/7, during certain seasons, is a waste of energy and owners money. Again maybe I missed the point, when at the August Transition Team meeting, we saw that almost 87% of the propane budget had been used up in 7 months in an incomplete project. The Fall and Winter Seasons in a finished project, were ahead of us. The expense does not seem important to you and again maybe I missed the point, maybe it is not important to any of the owners. I probably missed the point too, when I felt all the owners would appreciate someone looking after their finances until they could get together to see what level of service they wanted to pay for. Thank you GH Robins

Posted on: 10/15/2005 8:44am

Guest_
I sincerly appreciate the fact that you have taken the initiative to look into the finances and agree with you wholeheartedly that money should not be wasted. Sounds to me the propane budget was underestimated and it has become a "budget bust" but as I stated before, I do not see the logic of penalizing some owners for the benefit of others. I am on the Board of Directors of an HOA and could never in good faith vote to do such a thing. What is next, shut down the hallway lights and elevators mid week? Just joking, but I still do not understand the thought process you are using. Simply stated, either shut down all the spas other than the Club House one or leave them all on but abandon the notion of shutting down services mid week as it has an impact on some owners. I am sure that there are two types of owners; owners like myself that will pay for the extra costs so we can enjoy what we own and owners who will not want to pay the extra costs. Quite frankly, why would they want to pay the extra costs if the spas are working on the weekends when they are there? Any way I will be down on Tuesday and would love to have this discussion with you and anyone else who happens to be there involved in this decision. Thanks Gary

Posted on: 10/15/2005 7:05pm

Guest_
There have been 60 plus views to this discussion. It would be nice to get some comments from other owners. Thanks in advance, Gary

Posted on: 10/15/2005 7:11pm

Guest_
The title of this forum is "Rental Testimonial". It was posted to let the owners know about the positive experience one Family had at Las Palmas and to demonstrate how a good and positive experience can translate into increasing future rentals. The question was, or at least the question expressed, was: Will the pools and spas be heated mid week in April? I wonder what the review will be after their trip? Gary I do not know the exact date the guest, that wrote the testimonial, stayed at Las Palmas. Since it was a Family and it was a full week and it was in April, my best guess is that it was sometime during Spring Break. To my best recollection,, the pool was barely finished and was just being filled during Spring Break and was really not suitable for swimming, if not during all of Spring Break, most of it. The main heater was not working until much later and I am not positive the Spa worked at all during that time. Yet this person still wrote a very positive note. During our discussions about the heating of the spas, and I am speaking for myself only, we discussed that although the recommendation was to not heat the 4 spas during mid week, there would no doubt be some times, during some Holidays, that the increase in occupancy could warrant leaving the spas on longer. Spring Break was mentioned. That decision will be up to the new HOA. In hindsight, it probably would have been a lot easier to simply answer the question. What I did not post when I posted the Las Palmas testimonial were some of the remarks about the Sonoran Resorts I had received at the same time. I usually do not like to post anything negative on any subject but feel that in this case posting some of the remarks my be beneficial to get back on track the thoughts of how great Las Palmas is and how guests feel about their visits at our neighbors. User rating: 1 of 5 stars <http://www.tripadvisor.com/img/ratings/1.gif> Puerto Penasco: Sonoran <http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g153981-d583242-Reviews-Sonoran _Sea_Resort-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html> Sea Resort: "Beware, condos individually owned, some not as good as others!" Sep 19, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Scottsdale, Arizona <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviewImages-g153981-b1142059S-r3924 466-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html> 710W Ugly decor, mix match everything <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviewImages-g153981-b1142060S-r3924 466-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html> 710W -green couch with pink walls, yikes! <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviewImages-g153981-b1142061S-r3924 466-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html> 710W - Dirty air filter, no wonder it smelled. should be white <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviewImages-g153981-b1142062S-r3924 466-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html> 710W - blanket looks like it's never been washed. Yuck! View <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviewImages-g153981-r3924466-Puerto _Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html> larger photos <http://www.tripadvisor.com/img/arrow_right.gif> Thank you GH Robins

Posted on: 10/16/2005 7:56am

Guest_
Though this is the wrong forum, I couldn't help but chime in. It seems to me the real concern here is the cost overruns. If we weren't spending so much, there would be no cause for this discussion. It seems to me that someone should take a look at our equipment, is it excessively inefficient? Is there a leak in our gas lines? Did whoever make up the budget have absolutely no experience, or why are we double our propane budget? One thing I feel we must do to conserve energy is use the waterfalls less. They act as enormous aerators. I would guess the temp of the water by the time it re-enters the spas/pools is 10+ degrees lower than it was when it exited the pool via pump. Has anyone else noticed how much colder the water in the big pool is close to the waterfall/slide? See ya all stumbling down the path with margaritas. Bill Reyes

Posted on: 10/17/2005 7:42am

Guest_
My husband and I are mostly mid-week users of our condo and we believe that we should have the same priviliges as weekend users.

Posted on: 10/17/2005 7:50am

Guest_
Hi All, Why don't we just heat one small pool (for the diehard swimmers) and one of the spas all winter long, all week long. Would that be cost effective? Linda Bonita 603B

Posted on: 10/18/2005 11:18am

Guest_
Hi there. We recently posted a "survey" (on the upper right hand of this page under the weather forecast). Please do vote. Thank you GH Robins

Posted on: 10/18/2005 12:26pm

Jerry & Chrystal Colglazier
Why did you omit "heating Baja AND Grande pools only" and "heating Baja OR Grande pools only" from the survey vote? Jerry

Posted on: 10/18/2005 3:04pm

Guest_
If you read the notes in the Forum - Transition Meeting - (Meeting of the First General Assembly) under the Forum - Las Palmas HOA News you can see how it evolved. An owner suggested a poll and another owner came up with the wording. I have received 4 separate emails with other similar suggestions and together with the one Jerry just added, it seems apparent we may need to add more choices to the Poll and start over again. Gary, I believe you had some fairly strong opinions on this, maybe you and Jerry can work together to come up with a new list of options? Thank you GH Robins Other emails: 1) I would like to see us heat the clubhouse pool and spa, plus the other spas. 2) Heat ALL spas and Clubhouse pool only 3) I would like to see all the spas heated and one pool heated year round (with restricted hours and restricted days). I would also like to see the spas and one pool that are heated year round to be covered up during the hours the pool is closed at night. I would like to have the one pool and only the clubhouse spa heated 24/7. 4) We would like to see the Clubhouse pool & spa heated, along with just the spas at the other bldgs. 5) Why did you omit "heating Baja AND Grande pools only" and "heating Baja OR Grande pools only" from the survey vote Ps - I believe Gary uses his unit during the week and may or may not have computer access while there.

Posted on: 10/18/2005 5:42pm

« 1 (2) 3 4 »