Polls

Search

Discussions - Check it Out! - Condo Railings Being Rusted

Need help?
Members Help

Condo Railings Being Rusted
Guest_

Hi Everyone:

I just returned from Las Palmas. We brought down our 14 year old granddaughter for the first time, she had a ball with her friend.

I have noticed that the railings at the condo are rusting again. I complainted about it the first time down this year and Franciso had them painted. The problem is that this is an on going problem. There is something we can do to slow this corrosion problem down.

If we can spay or wipe down these railing with a chemical that will slow this process down, we will have better looking railings that will last a lot longer, saving the HOA repair costs.

The chemical is WD 40 or someting similar. This product is fish oil, and helps in the prevention of corrosion. If we do this on a regular schedule we will reduce corrosion damage.

John

Grande 403

Posted on: 3/17/2008 3:41pm

Re: Condo Railings Being Rusted
Joe & Corey Noriega

If you find out the name, please let us know as we will try it on ours.  We always try to touch ours up when we go down there as to help slow it from rusting.

Posted on: 3/24/2008 7:52am

Guest_

WD 40 we got it at home depot

we go down there very month and when we are there we clean our railing and spray clear rustolium paint from home depot...so far no problems...yes there is up keep every month to this units...

Posted on: 3/24/2008 9:12am

Joe & Corey Noriega
Rust Reformer and Rust Control by Rustoleum work great and guarantee no rust for 2yrs.

Posted on: 3/25/2008 9:28am